2 x 1/2's (236 g/8.3 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Sure Slice Turkey Breast #21334
|Eggo Waffle, RTS, 36 g each||50 each||50 each|
|Strawberry Jam/Jelly||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Sure Slice Turkey Breast, 19 g/slice||1 kg||2.2 lbs|
|Sure Slice Black Forest Ham, 18 g/slice||450 g||1 lb|
|Swiss Cheese, sliced, 19 g/slice||475 g||1 lb 1 oz|
|Egg, large||12 each||12 each|
|Margarine, soft||175 ml||3/4 cup|
|Pancake Syrup||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
- Remove eggo waffles from freezer. If prefer crispier sandwich, toast waffles ahead of time before the assembly of the sandwich.
- Layout half of the eggo waffles on a work surface and top with 5 mls/1 tsp strawberry jam/jelly. Place 2 slices(39 g) of turkey breast, followed by 1 slice(18g) black forest ham and then 1 slice(19g) of Swiss cheese. Top with the remaining half of waffles.
- In a shallow insert pan, beat eggs and milk to combine. Carefully dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to lightly coat both sides. Shake off excess egg mixture.
- Heat the grill top to medium heat. Melt half margarine and cook sandwiches in batches. Place waffle sandwiches on the grill. Cook, turning once until waffles are well browned on both sides or until cheese has melted and internal temperature has reached 165'F/74'C held for 15 seconds. Serve immediately or transfer to a shallow pan with lid.
- At point of service, cut Waffle Monte Cristo Sandwiches in half and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar if desired. Serve sandwich with 15 mls of pancake syrup alongside sandwich for dipping.
Serve with carrot & raisin salad and sprinkle lightly with powdered icing sugar (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 2 x 1/2's (236 g/8.3 oz)
|Total Fat||21.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||6.8 g|
|Total Sugar||18 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|
|Vitamin A||391 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Calories from Protein||19 %|